Gray & Mustard

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Imperceptible Shifts

It's weird to be in the moment of an imperceptible shift and actually realize it. They happen all the time in relationships but we may not always realize it until it's passed and we're left asking ourselves what happened? So, this all begs the question: Do you ride and just let it go? Or do you try to reverse or stop it while it's happening? I don't want to be impetuous or cling to how things may have been but if you've got a good thing going wouldn't you want it not to change?

After a longer-than-I-would've-liked period of neglecting my home due to illness and what feels like chronic stress, I'm finally beginning to feel my productivity creep back in. And what I'm really looking forward to is spring and summer. I've got some great plans for our back deck and yard. What do we think of this precious bistro set for our back deck? We've got two wrought iron chairs that we've spray painted a happy shade of yellow. I think the contrast will work nicely.
I'm also dying to get an outdoor fire pit. Although we're still in February (remember, it should actually be cold during this month?), one of those on the deck would be perfection right about now. Glass of wine, fire going, twinkle lights a-twinkling. Yes, that may have to be purchased in the next week. I feel my blood pressure lowering just thinking about that scenario. Imagine what it could do in reality. We're also pre-planning to clear out an area in our side yard to do some summer garden planting. It's going to be a chore but lucky us, all the overgrown weed-trees have died in the cold but the weather is currently so nice that we can clean out the area without getting frostbite. I'm seeing tomatoes, zucchini and okra (the latter not being Italian in the least and for me, by request). The hubs wants to do a double dose of zucchini so that he can harvest the zucchini blossoms. Apparently most all American growers must toss these delicious delicacies, but in Italy they do all sorts of fun things with them. You can find them in pasta dishes or filled with soft cheese and fried. They're delicious!
Well, I've most definitely done it to myself while writing this but have I given you spring fever yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment