Gray & Mustard

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Triste at the Table

Triste is Italian for sad. So,  yeah, tonight I saw some 'sad at the table' for sure. We went to Five Guys for dinner. Yes, we're on a junk kick. I'm foreseeing hopping back on the wagon of health around next week. We'll see how that goes. Anyway, there was a table behind me and a couple seemed to be holding pretty good conversation all through dinner. After a while though I noticed that silence had fallen at the table behind me. For a moment I even thought they had left, but upon our standing to leave I saw that they were still there. I also saw them with their heads lowered and what seemed to be their hands together on the table. It almost looked like they were praying and then I noticed the techno gadgets in their hands. Yes, they were having dinner 'together' while not even conversing. Much like those commercials for the Window phones... "Seriously?!" You know the one I'm talking about. Anyway, if I ever am caught doing that by anyone, I hope they shoot me.

So, I have a confession to make. Before I began this blog (which I have to admit, I'm enjoying a lot more than I ever thought I would), I was not really at all a part of the blogging world. Even now, I still don't read any other blogs. Which, the more I think about it, is pretty ridiculous. I enjoy seeing that people read my blog, shouldn't I return the favor? Restore the cosmic balance in the blogging universe? I read somewhere the other day that if you're blogging you have to assume that you're pretty self-centered, thinking that what you have to say could possibly be of interest to other people. Yeah, that stung a little. Reading that is enough to make you want to cancel your blog right then and there. But then I thought a little more about it. I started this blog, as the description under the header states, as a labor of love for MYSELF and MY life. I'm just putting this cornucopia of randomness out there. If someone chooses to read it and, miraculously, find it interesting or entertaining, great! I'm glad. I'm still writing and I hope you'll continue to like it.

On that note, can you suggest to me some blogs that I just can't miss? What are your favorites? I'm willing to change!

1 comment:

  1. At first I heard the self-centered bit but I was like (and still believe to be true) "NO-this is an electronic journal. Would I like more people following and reading it? Sure. But would I write whether I had myself as a reader vs. 18406 others? Yes." So I stuck to it and I've got 15, LOL.

    Really random searches and finding out that other friends are blogging is how I've got my 32 blogs going. Some are silly, some are pointless, and some are amazing. Depends on what you like really ;)

    Hope this helps! If you're following anyone else's blog-check out who their following and it should snowball!

    JeR

    ReplyDelete