Gray & Mustard

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Bieber Fever

I personally do not have the fever... the Bieber fever. He's got some catchy songs and the boy can clearly sing, and yes, I sometimes catch myself actually wanting to go see Never Say Never. But, I'm not twelve years old, so I don't have the fever.

On my way to work this morning, I caught a brief story about a recent interview he did for Rolling Stone where the interviewer covered topics such as abortion, politics, healthcare, etc. And he's how old? Yes, a whopping 16 years old. Plus he was born in 1994, which, I'm sorry, I have trouble believing that people born in the '90s actually exist. It's like a mental block. But I take issue with several things about the first sentence of this paragraph. In hindsight, Mr. Interviewer, was it actually something you believed to be appropriate to ask a sixteen year-old about abortion? And politics (considering he's still not quite old enough to vote? Oh,  yes, and let's not forget the fact that he is not an American citizen. So, now we're putting a very impressionable group of young ladies in the position to develop their opinions on such matters from a 16 year-old non-American. Fabulous. All we need is another generation of young people who are either misinformed or uninformed. Yes, please reference my previous post about my political involvement and call me hypocritical, but when you're getting answers like those I'm about to list from a young man that adolescent girls adore it can't be good.

When asked about which political party he would join should he have the opportunity he basically said, "I'm not sure, but whatever they have in Korea, that's bad." Awesome. Solid answer, Biebs. And then he's asked about the healthcare situation. Yikes. If I have to explain this one more time, I'll scream. Your so-called "free" healthcare IS NOT FREE. Why don't you check your paystub the next time and see just exactly how much taxes they're taking out and tell me if you still think it's "free". Yowza. Anyway, I really don't have anything against Bieber, but Interviewer, shame on you for asking. And Bieber handlers, shame on you for not stepping in and stopping the madness - he's too young and way too under-prepared to answer such questions.

On an unrelated note, I've been contacted by someone to do a giveaway on my blog. What do we think about that? Go-----

1 comment: