Gray & Mustard

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

You guys want some cookies?

So my husband, being from Italy, has never before partaken in the glorious taste triumph that is Girl Scout cookies. I know, I know - inconceivable. We pull up to our local Hobby Lobby on Saturday and low and behold out front are some adorable little Girl Scouts with their cases of cookies in tow. Naturally, I had to partake. I got a box of Samoas, Tagalongs, Do-si-dos and Thin Mints. And yes, they are all gone (PS - it's Tuesday). While buying them hubs asked if they were made locally or were homemade or something that would warrant such fanfare. I told him that no, they are in fact mass-produced all over the United States and that they are just exceptionally delicious and special because you can't find them in the store or get them year-round. I must say he fully agrees.

On another note... Storms ripped through my area of the country yesterday. I am not one who is frightened of storms, not even when I was little, they're actually one of my most favorite things in life. But in my office (street level with lots of windows) as the storm rolled in, there was a moment when I thought we were going to have to move to the inside hallway. The wind and rain came through so fast and furious, it was unlike anything I have ever seen. On my way home on the interstate, some of the exit signs were wrapped around trees and one of the light poles had fallen completely over. Arriving in my neighborhood there were huge trees down everywhere. Just the sight of some of them terrified me. Giant weeping willows, huge pine trees - it was unbelievable. Thank God that our house was practically untouched but unfortunately for our neighbors that was not the case. They have a large tree fallen over their living room and several enormous trees down in the back yard. The neighbor on the other side of us has uprooted trees in their back yard as well. The next door neighbor's insurance agent even said that we were lucky. Apparently the two trees in our front yard are usually the first to go in storms like we saw yesterday. All in all, it was an absolutely crazy day and I'm glad that everyone seems to have gotten out safely. I just hope that all those with damaged or destroyed houses have homeowners insurance. Yesterday sure made me grateful that I've got it.

No comments:

Post a Comment