Gray & Mustard

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Arrabbiata

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned / Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned."

So I got mad today. I mean really, really, really mad. The kind of mad where you can't actually formulate a sentence and you can't see straight, and you say all sorts of awful things that you no longer feel you have control over saying. And believe me when I say I've never been there before. I've been angry before, but it's more of a 'being upset' feeling. I get the type of angry where I end up crying, you know, typical girl behavior. But today as I was walking away from my angering moment, I had my fist clenched so tight that I actually hurt my palm. I've never had a physical reaction to being angered like that. Fast forward about 15-20 minutes and I was spent. Totally exhausted and my head hurt like you wouldn't believe.

Luckily, because I don't react that way normally, I haven't wasted much time being really angry. I can witness firsthand now that being angry takes a lot out of you. Even if I don't get worked up like I did today, I can only imagine what some 'low-grade' anger on a daily basis or even semi-constantly would take out of you all the time. It kind of puts some things in perspective. Being mad isn't worth it. What is worth it is taking a step back and asking yourself if, in the grand scheme of things, getting mad is really going to solve anything. I dare say that 100% of the time the answer is NO. Anger is a wasted emotion. There is so much anger in our world today and look where it's gotten us. We live in a world today where people are always so angry about something and half the time they probably can't even tell you why. I bet if we all focused our energy on making a difference and being productive instead of being angry, a lot of things in this world would change.

No comments:

Post a Comment