Gray & Mustard

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Monarchy

Can you really blame someone for doing something repeatedly that bothers you if you never let them know that it bothers you? Well, no. Do I do it anyway? Yes! I should probably stop, but I find the 'confrontation' so much more overwhelming than just dealing with it. I use the term 'confrontation' lightly as I know that I have a very skewed view of exactly what that means. To me it's just about anything that could qualify as a conversation with someone that could make me feel even slightly uncomfortable. And this is how it usually goes down (everything in parentheses is what I'm actually thinking):
Me: Hey. I need to talk to you about something (but I really don't want to). It's not really that big of a deal (yes it is, yes it is), but there's something that's been bothering me a little bit (a whole ton) and it's FILL IN THE BLANK (oh my gosh I can't believe I just got that out of my mouth *bracing for negative reaction*).
Party: Oh, well I'm so very sorry. I never mean anything by it and never even knew it bothered you. It won't be happening again. I promise. I'm so sorry, really.
Me: Oh, well it's not even that big of a deal. I swear. I shouldn't have even said anything. Honestly. Forget I even said it. Don't worry about it!

Yeah, not exactly what I would describe as direct or even an accurate reflection of how the question at hand is actually affecting me. This is also becoming quite the problem. I'm going to have to learn to get over myself and realize that as long as I'm presenting how I feel as honestly as I can and in a constructive manner that I am not responsible for how the other person acts. And also, I must realize that if nothing changes or if I never say anything, I really just have to adjust how I react to whatever it is that's bothering me because I can not change anyone. And I'm sorry, but that's just not fair! Am I right? Yes. I think we should be allowed to change people in these circumstances. But alas, such is life.

I saw the King's Speech this evening and yes, it has endeared Colin Firth to my heart even more greatly. I'm telling you, there's just something about him! His calm and cool demeanor and proper but not stuffy way of speaking, I find it to be just fantastic. I could watch him on screen all day every day. The film was awesome too. I've always had a fascination with monarchies, but then again, I think we all do to some point. I guess it starts as young children (probably mostly with girls) and being called princess and wanting to dress up as a princess and play princess. I personally think that the United States of America should seriously consider the possibility of instating a monarchy and I should be queen...

2 comments:

  1. I think you would make a great queen! I haven't seen the movie yet, maybe I can get Tarbell to take me today. I may be crazy but I truly think that a benevolent monarchy is the best way to go. Yes, I'm being serious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Queen Sarah Cate & Prince Benedetto...sounds so....so regal!!! NOt to mention how amazing a crown would look upon you glorious red hair!!!

    ReplyDelete