Gray & Mustard

Monday, February 7, 2011

Supa-Dupa Bowl

Yes, I know. Last night was the Super Bowl. Totally not my scene but none the less what I'll be commenting on today. A couple things...

1. The guy on the Packers is indeed not Thor. Enough with the Fabio hair. Cut it off. It surely must be hazard in your particular line of work.

2. While I didn't make it for kickoff or pre-game, I did take a look at Aguilera's rendition of our national anthem on the internets today. Blech. Keep in mind when I say what I'm about to say that I myself sing. Why, oh why do people continue to make the most fatal mistake of messing with America's most well-known song? That song will evoke emotion in just about any blue-blooded American all by itself. It's beautiful. Don't mess with it. Don't add your little diva runs and for heaven's sake - don't overdo it!!! Oh, yeah and don't do this:
Come on Christina. Have you taken the time to watch any of the hundreds of parodies of yourself and these very antics? Come on! I digress... back on track now.

3. Fergie... Fergie, Fergie, Fergie. You sounded awful. I'm sorry, but you did. We all know the girl can sing (just as Christina can. Believe me, I'm actually a fan of both of these extremely talented ladies), but she seems to be spending too much time trying to imitate Jack from Will & Grace imitating Cher on "Turn Back Time" while simultaneously trying to swallow her tongue.
And don't butcher one of the great Guns 'n Roses songs! Funny how people can sound so amazing when they get to sing in a studio and record and re-record as many times they want and then they can run it all through a computer and make it sound better. Singing live is the real test. And Fergie? You didn't pass.

4. The post-game show was entirely pointless. Don't tell people that a new episode of Glee will be coming on after the game and then keep us around for 30 minutes, for what? Some trophy ceremony? A commentary on the game that we all just watched with our own eyes? Yeah, not smart. I'm a dedicated Glee fan so I stuck around, but I was tired y'all!

5. Glee, although not actually part of the Super Bowl, was fantastic as always. Think of the pure genius of keeping a football theme going into the show, doing Michael Jackson's Thriller. It was all just beautiful. Although, I have to admit this. With as talented as all those kids are, and I do mean ALL, let them ALL sing! Lea Michele is completely and utterly talented, no denying it. But I quite frankly could listen to Santana sing all day long.

6. The football was good too, I guess. I watched it and it mostly kept my interest. So, kudos Packers and Steelers. You all are a bunch of classy guys. Well, except for you Roethlisberger (from what I hear anyway).

No comments:

Post a Comment