Gray & Mustard

Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Retail Files

I got my shop on today for the first time in a long time. And, might I add, a good friend and I got some flipping awesome deals. Ulta - buy 2 get 2 free nail color! Yes, my nails are freshly painted and I was actually able to resist the temptation to do anything for about an hour at the risk of messing them up. The color is still intact and no flaws are present. On the other side of things, one particular big name retailer got me thinking how impractical some displays are. Take pants for example. They're long, in case no one noticed. Why would anyone ever not fold them and stack them all on top of each other in size order? You can rest assured that if someone has to get any size other than a 0 that your pretty little stack of pants is going to get messed up. It's just really dumb! Think about it. You know it is.

So, last night I did some karaoke. 4 times. Kesha, Alicia Keys, Jordin Sparks & Chris Brown and, let's not forget, Gaga. I'm fairly certain that I rocked it. But most importantly I had a blast with some new friends. It's something I hope to and plan to repeat soon. I was really tired yesterday but do you ever find yourself in a situation with what you think is a very unlikely mix of people all together? That was me last night. And from the moment the evening started I knew it would be an instance of everything coming together just right for a really good time. My fatigue didn't even matter anymore. So, for all of you who were there, thank you!

While out shopping today and out having fun last night, I had this awesome realization for about the billionth time since I ever became aware of things like this... The vast majority of people is completely inconsiderate and oblivious to the others around them. A good rule of thumb is to keep in mind that if you're in areas of traffic, say, in the mall, just pretend that you're driving. If you see something that catches your eye while you're driving, do you just stop in the middle of the road? No, you don't. So, if that were to happen while you're walking in the main walkways in the mall, don't do it either! It turns out that in the world today, most of us are so self-involved that the thought of how our actions could possibly affect other people doesn't even enter our minds. Who knows what might happen if we were all to pay a little more attention to how what we do impacts those around us?

On another note, did anyone else catch Sex and the City (movie #1) on USA today? Where did all those random scenes come from? I've seen that movie about a billion and a half times and have not once seen a scene where Carrie goes trick or treating with Charlotte, Harry and Lily... thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. You preach it sister!! Especially the part about the suddenly stopping in the "fast lane" of the mall! It is really irritating when a whole gaggle of people who are shopping together do that... arrgh!

    ReplyDelete