Gray & Mustard

Friday, February 4, 2011

Grossed out!

Has anyone else seen that obscenely disgusting diaper commercial on TV? I can't remember the brand, which also means that whoever came up with the concept didn't really do their job, but it doesn't really matter. You know, it's the cartoon one with the three babies on stage in a 'heavy dooty blowout' contest? Yeah, exactly. That one. And it's disgusting! You've got little animated babies turning around and seeing who can fill up their diaper the most. I realize that I don't have kids, but regardless. I don't want to see that - animated or not.


I have, in recent days, been deemed a TLC-addict by a close friend (you know who you are). While I won't argue with that or feel any shame about it, it's not actually the only channel I watch. I really can enjoy some Travel Channel too. Man v. Food, awesome. Bizarre foods, sometimes disgusting, but ultimately fascinating as it shows you a glimpse into the way of life in different countries. But what I'm getting at for this particular post is this. There's a commercial for a new season of Man v. Wild. I've never actually seen the show, but let me tell you. After seeing the preview, I know why I've never seen it and why I never will. The man, Bear Grylls (which, by the way, I find to be a humorous name for a nature enthusiast), is in some arctic climate and he stumbles upon the carcass of a dead seal. Not having seen the show or this episode, I can only assume that for some reason he has to get in the water. So, what does he do? He goes to work on the seal and the end product is a seal-skin skin-tight vest that he puts on and wears while going into the water. My goodness. I understand (kind of) the scope of this show to teach survival skills, but come on!!! Who does that? Who could possibly find themselves in that situation and have to wear a seal? Ugh, these people... Just check out the picture. I'm not usually squeamish but this just about does me in every time!

No comments:

Post a Comment