Gray & Mustard

Monday, February 21, 2011

If it's not one thing, it's another...

I have never felt more un-fabulous that I do in this moment. I have the influenza. Yes, that's right, the flu. Not only that, but there has never been a time that I could absolutely not not be at work more than in this and the coming weeks.  We have important visitors this week that I have to be there for. I have a shift to cover at the upcoming home show for which I am also somehow supposed to find 'comp time' during this week. Oh, and let's not forget my training trip to Memphis next week. May I just sum all of this loveliness up by saying that I am grateful for having a job.

My absolute, all-time favorite comedienne Gilda Radner had the best ongoing gig on Weekend Update on SNL. Her character Rosanne Rosannadanna would 'answer' viewers' letters, which mostly consisted of her picking out these completely obscure instances in her own life and rambling. Eventually one of the anchors would reel her back in and she'd always sum things up just like this: "It just goes to show you. If it's not one thing, it's another. Either you... or you..." Just watch and enjoy.

So, that's pretty much my life right now. It's always something. If it's not being stressed out and tired, it's having the flu and being tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment