Gray & Mustard

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Sick as a Dog

I have been, as the title of this post suggests, sick as a dog since Tuesday at about 2 AM. Where we got that saying I don't know, but I'll use it none the less. All I will say is I have lost 5 pounds in the last 48 hours, let's just leave things at that. (PS - don't read my last post if you're reading this one, it will give you some really graphic mental images)

Anyway, I am thankful for the time I have had at home to do absolutely nothing. This has brought me to a few new realizations. 1. Will they ever make another Bridget Jones movie? and 2. I kind of have this thing for Colin Firth. I watched both movies back to back, something I used to do much more often, and I just love them! How can you not love her? I think it's because there's something so human and normal in her that we find in ourselves as well. I know we've all felt "verbally incontinent" at one time or another, just hopefully not as much as Bridget seems to in her movies. That brings me to Colin. Oh, Colin, the man who loves Bridget despite all of her shortcomings. The man who always listens patiently as Bridget rambles on and on and on and only waits until she is finished to respond. Not only do I think that Colin Firth is a fantastic actor (in any role or movie), but I think specifically in this role, it makes me grateful that I have a husband who loves me despite all of my shortcomings. I definitely married up.

On another note, have you seen Winter Wipeout? That show is a good laugh!

1 comment:

  1. I love Colin Firth, too. Have you seen "The King's Speech"? It's great and Firth does a wonderful job portraying King Edward VI.

    Sorry you've been sick. Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete