Gray & Mustard

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Pre-Teen

"Being happy isn't having everything in your life be perfect. Maybe it's about stringing together all the little things like wearing these pants or getting to a new level of Dragon's Lair - making those count for more than the bad stuff. Maybe we just get through it... and that's all we can ask for." - Bailey in Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants


Do I sometimes feel like a pre-teen living a 23 year-old's life? Yes. Does that mean that I still occasionally read the series Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants and enjoy it? Yes. But, you know? I think that's okay. The books and movies pull me in everytime. I practically can't get enough. But enough about all that. My point is, that quote up there is really true. And because I know myself and that I am incapable of journaling in any way, I have decided to make things easier on myself. This year my goal is to write down one of the "little things" for each and every day. I do focus entirely too much on the negative. It affects my whole day because I let it. And from now on, I am going to not let it. 


Enough with the sap. Now onto the grit. So, New Year's resolutions... every year we practically all make the same promises to ourselves. This is the year my whole life is going to change. This is the year I'm going to lose the extra pounds. My New Year's resolution this year is a little broader. Do I want to lose weight? Yes, among other things. But what I really wish for myself this year is discipline. Hence, the blogging. It's an outlet and a discipline. I can't discipline myself to do anything. I can't even discipline myself right now to get my butt off the couch and tear myself away from "Can't Buy Me Love" to start organizing my house like I had promised myself yesterday. But maybe that's just procrastination - one of my specialties. I know I need to take it slow; otherwise, I will just be setting myself up for failure. so, I figured I could start with something relatively small and try to write a little bit on the blog everyday. We shall see what happens...  

No comments:

Post a Comment