Gray & Mustard

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Brain-dead

Do you ever go through a day and come out on the other side feeling completely and utterly brain-dead? That was me yesterday. I felt numb, I felt brain-dead! But, fortunately for me, it was nothing that some good Mexican food and half-price margaritas couldn't cure. I went to bed at 8:00 as soon as we got home from dinner. I got over 12 hours of sleep. I haven't done that in forever and it feels great.

I have a lot to think about this weekend. A lot of really important things to think about. Do I make a decision that means I'm remaining most true to myself and my beliefs, even if it means some pretty serious consequences in the near future? Or do I make a decision that means I just have to grin and bear it, lie about and fake my feelings? The first option to many on the outside could seem like the selfish solution - what I ultimately really want to do for myself. But where do you draw the line? If I choose the latter, well, I'm just not sure I can possibly choose the latter. I don't think I could.

I know this is all very vague. But I can't go into details right now. If things go my way, I just might be able to soon enough.

What do you think? What would you do? Stay true to yourself and what you believe to be right at the risk of being put in a tight spot or essentially lie, be miserable, but not seem selfish or stupid to others?

1 comment:

  1. There is never any harm in finding that happy medium. For example: if you're at a place in life (work, school, location, etc.) where you don't quite have the option that is best for you (and your family if you've got one) in the LONG run but you know you can't just up and leave-bring yourself and ideas into the "place" and work around the negativity until you can get around or out of it. Does that make any sense? I don't think it's stupid at all. I think most people think it they just don't say (or in this case write) it out loud.

    ReplyDelete