Gray & Mustard

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I will cut you!

Do you ever have one of those days when you just know that it would be in everyone's best interest if you were to not be around people? I think I'm having one of those. Granted, it's not nearly as bad as it can be sometimes, but I just was not on my nice game today. So, for those of you I came in contact with today, I apologize for my witchiness. But, really y'all should just act right. I'm just saying...

So, I am closing out my day quietly and calmly, watching those freaks on My Strange Addiction and trying to gain back some of my previous motivation with I Used to be Fat. I have found a love that dare not speak it's name... TLC. Take My Strange Addiction. This is actually pretty interesting. It's showing the general public that addiction stretches far and wide, it's not just alcohol, it's not just drugs. And to some degree, we all have our own little vices. I wonder... what's yours?

On the other end of the spectrum, we have shows that epitomize exactly what's wrong with America like Toddlers and Tiaras. Okay, train wreck!!! One of those that I really can't look at but I can't look away either. The latest preview shows an infant in a strapless bikini top being spray tanned, a toddler having her eyebrows waxed and some crazy stage mom squalking like some sort of jungle animal to attract her not even two year-old's attention while on stage. Yowza. Really? How sick do you have to be to do that to your child? Now, I'm not knocking pageants or the like. If that's your cup of tea, have at it. But don't subject your innocent children (who are too young to choose for themselves) to all that madness. And especially don't turn something potentially fun for your child into a "you're not doing it right!" moment of eye rolling and huffing and puffing (by you, not your child). It's so sad to see these children who only want validation from their parents, being put down. For shame!

I have no children, so no worries there, but I do have a couple of dogs and their wardrobe is growing... slowly, but growing. Who knows? I could have a break-out series next year - Pooches and Ponchos.

1 comment:

  1. Every single TLC show you mentioned I love. Guilty pleasure, for sure! Looking forward to next weeks, "I eat mattresses" on Strange Addictions! Haha.

    ReplyDelete