Gray & Mustard

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Outdoor Fun

This weekend the hubs and I were quite productive in the yard. We cut down bushes (more like trees at this point), weeded, disassembled our pitiful split rail fence that fell in the tornado, and tackled some of the leaf situation that we neglected in the fall - big mistake, apparently it kills your grass... oops! I think we did leaves once and some of the residual ones had been compacted, keeping our grass covered, but I know it will come back. I know it's too early to plant, I would be devastated if the temperature goes back down and a frost kills my newly-planted babies, but at least we were able to plan some this weekend. This area



is where we will be planting our garden. Needs some work, doesn't it? We've got big plans - tiers, fruit, veggies. It will be beautiful. We've even bought our seeds already - cherry tomatoes, spinach, bell peppers, okra, squash, zucchini, hot peppers and basil. We're also going to buy raspberry and blueberry plants and a sweet plum tree. They're not only beautiful but produce some yummy fruit.

Aside from the garden, when I came back from Nashville on Friday, I came back to the most beautiful flowering tree in our back yard. I didn't even know we had it!


I spent most of my Saturday afternoon sitting by the kitchen window with it open, looking at the tree and breathing the fresh air. I know, disgustingly perfect, but it really was. Another perfect thing?


Yep, that's my baby. Isn't she precious? I think she's the most beautiful girl in the world - because she is. 
It's exciting and exhausting simultaneously to realize that we've pretty much completed everything inside the house and can now move outdoors. But, I think it'll be pretty great. I'm just happy that the weather has changed. It couldn't be more perfect right now. Let's hope it stays this way...

No comments:

Post a Comment