Gray & Mustard

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Thin Crust

I hate when I arrive at a point in my life when I feel like I'm disappointing people left and right. Usually, that means that I've stretched myself too thin. And because I was given my mother's desire to be everything to everyone at all times, that's easy to do. I need to learn that it's okay to say no sometimes. Why, oh why do I feel like if I say no, I'm doing something wrong? I fully understand that it's more wrong to say yes if you can't follow through than to say no and be done with it if you really can't do it. But it's so much harder than that for me. It's something to work on for sure.

On another exciting note, we have a rather large catering gig next week quite unexpectedly and we've been asked to teach a pasta making class at a local specialty food supply shop in April! Very exciting stuff. This is what we want to do. It's stressful now because we do the stuff we love on the side (squeezing it into our schedule where and when we can). But one day maybe we will be able to do only this - making awesome food for people to enjoy. Here's hoping!

Can I say something about facebook? I love it just as much as the next person, surf it daily, stalk (strictly in the harmless sense), whatever. But there are some facebook behaviors that I just find terrifically annoying.

1. I understand that you have the right to talk to whomever you choose on facebook and that you can show the world your relationship status, but do we all need to be a part of the lovey-dovey wall posts?  Also, wouldn't you prefer to say those things in person, directly to that person? An I love you here or there is great, fine even. But I don't know. That's still something I prefer to say to my husband face to face.

2. Photo tagging is a great feature on facebook. You can find all sorts of pictures of yourself or your friends that you never knew existed. It's pretty cool. However, I really don't understand friends that not only post gratuitous pictures of themselves ALL  the time, but tag themselves in them and write captions like: Not the best pic of me! Well, then don't post it! And you know you're just asking for validation, waiting for someone to say: No!  You look great! PS - this does not apply to pictures of you that other people post and tag - just to be clear!

3. Dear friends, I love you and know a lot of you do this, but your posts that are formatted like this really drive me nuts. I would appreciate it if you would stop - immediately. Kthnxbye! OR Love, Me

4. Statuses that are strictly and always a play-by-play of your day or a constant strand of complaints or whinings are not appreciated. Every once in a while is okay, absolutely. I do it too, but not all the time! You're bringing me down, man!

Whew! I feel better! Just something I've been needing to get off my chest! Thanks for indulging me.

Totally unrelated, but I am currently watching Grey's Anatomy and the cast members are singing. They are actors and actresses, not singers. ABC, BAD IDEA! Don't do it again. It's just weird. I like your shows, but this is wrong. They can't even really sing and I can't believe they agreed to this. Sorry guys, you tried and it's not good.

No comments:

Post a Comment