Gray & Mustard

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Chill!!!

I am in overload. And I probably will be until the end of this month. I know that's a relatively short period of time, but it is starting to get to me. I'm feeling the pressure - it's on. At this point of things, I do have a tendency to want to shut down. It's my defense mechanism. This time, I don't have that as a possibility. I just can't. So, is my office beginning to resemble a spa more than a workplace? Yes. Am I going to start drinking down chamomile tea like it's nobody's business? Yes. But I figure, whatever works...

In talking things out to my husband yesterday, I did finally get to the root of what is really bothering me. I do not want to disappoint anybody and I know that's not really an option over the next few weeks. I will (and probably already have) disappoint someone to whom I've made a commitment. I hate it. But I'm also learning that sometimes it's just a part of life. You get spread too thin and you can't be everything to everybody and sometimes the right option is to choose to get some more rest or do something relaxing for yourself. You will end up probably disappointing everybody if you're too tired and run down to be productive (and nice).

credit


On a different and exciting note: The decision has finally been made. A business will be opened and the world will be able to taste the culinary stylings of my extremely talented husband. We're picturing an Italian dinner home delivery service. An authentic, delicious, homemade Italian meal (complete with a beautiful veggie salad and fresh homemade bread) brought straight to your door 5 (or 6) days a week. We're finally on the same page and think this is the best route for us to take. I'm excited!


PS - I think he should deliver on something like this!!!

Let me know what you think about the idea...

1 comment:

  1. i think it's a great idea. and yes to delivery on a vespa! that would be awesome! excited for you.

    ReplyDelete