Gray & Mustard

Monday, March 21, 2011

Trump Train

So, I know I've stated pretty clearly in other posts that I'm not much for politics. That definitely still stands. However, it has just recently occurred to me that next year is 2012, a Presidential election year. The last election was the first one I was able to vote in and I had to vote from Italy. It was actually kind of nice to be so disconnected from it. Yes, it was still all over the news, but I didn't have to deal with any passionate debates and crazy slandering commercials. That is the thing I hate most about elections - the mudslinging. I don't care about you discrediting the other guy, I want to know where you stand on the issues. If we ever get a candidate who only defends himself against rival campaigns and doesn't himself participate in the mudslinging, I would totally vote for him or her, party aside. That in and of itself would be enough for me. But alas, I don't see that happening anytime soon.

What I am about to lay out to you, if I had heard it coming from someone else before I was better informed, I would have said you're crazy. Well, here I am. And here it is. Donald Trump. I really think he's on to something. I've never been a huge fan, but never really been against him either. But now after I've seen interviews and heard his point of view, I'm cautiously on board. Cautiously because I'm always hesitant to be gung-ho for any political candidate. There's too much risk of looking like a complete and total fool if things don't work out. So, on the record, I'm cautiously somewhat behind Donald Trump. Ambiguous enough? I think so.

But a lot of things he said really made sense to me. He's independently wealthy, has stated he would not take a salary (pocket change for him, anyway) and stated that if something arises that needs, say, $600 million to get running, he'll put it up - because, oh wait, HE CAN!!! I also like his take on getting back to infrastructure in America. We need to be concentrating on the basics that other countries all around the world are focusing on using our money. Ouch. So true. Plus, look at the empire he has built. Think of the countless number of jobs he has created. I know a lot of people who wouldn't mind seeing someone be able to do that for America.

I don't know about you, but I think that looks like a man who can get things done. Ferocious. Even, tiger blood?

1 comment:

  1. I have to cautiously agree with you. I would like to see what would happen if we got more of a successful business person, instead of a politicion in office. It's all just a crap shoot these days anyway, right?

    ReplyDelete