Gray & Mustard

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

S.A.D.

I know that seasonal affective disorder is very real for some people, but really, deep down inside I have always thought it was a little bogus. However, after my outdoor sun exposure over the past weekend, I'm reconsidering my position on the matter. It has done wonders for my mood this week so far. It's amazing what so little can do to affect how you feel. All this to say, I can't wait for full-fledged spring to be here.

And speaking of spring, I'm beginning to plan my spring planting. I want to deck out my yard - front and back - in beautiful color. I've got my little paper lanterns and twinkle lights up on the back deck and I've torn up and tossed all the dead flowers from last season. I think the most exciting thing is that my mums actually came back from the fall! I didn't even take that good care of them! I'm definitely not complaining though. The best thing for me to do will be to plant flowers that don't involve much upkeep. I had some really good experience with vinca.

And they're pretty!

I was pretty successful last summer and it was freaking hot! I managed to not kill any of my plants. All this coming from the girl who once not only killed a basil plant in a week, but also managed to have it grow fuzz. It was pathetic.

Tomorrow I leave for Nashville for work. I'll be back on Friday night, so I'm there for two nights. I'm thinking karaoke or something might be in order. It's always a lot of fun when you know that you can act the fool and nobody there knows you. It might really help to free me of any inhibitions. Not that I usually have trouble with that - especially when I've had a couple of cocktails.

I've really been thinking (as I'm sure we all have been) about Japan over the past couple of days. At this point it's really just adding insult to injury. Massive earthquake, tsunami, possible/actual nuclear meltdown. Can we even begin to imagine what they are experiencing? We all need to pray for a miracle for them. That is all we can do. They need a miracle in a very big way.

No comments:

Post a Comment