Gray & Mustard

Monday, March 7, 2011

Bir-duh!!!

Has anyone been watching those commercials for the re-release of Bambi on Blu-ray? Well, they seem to be all over the channels I watch and I revert to a 5 year-old every time. So, I finally broke down tonight, bought the DVD and watched it. That movie is beautiful and hilarious. Some of the random, obscure things I remember astound me. Like in the beginning when the little mouse comes out of his little nest and sees a drop of dew on a tall blade of grass and picks it to wash his face with. Precious! Then you have Thumper, Flower and the whole gang. How could you not love them? But my favorite scene? This one right here...


I think this beyond enjoyable experience has inspired me to borrow the entire Disney VHS collection (at least the movies from my childhood) from my parents and watch them all. I love them all. The only problem is we don't have a VCR. Oh, well. I'll make it work. Bambi and the gang are totally worth it.

So, my stress and anxiety is getting to me so bad during the day that I'm going to try some pretty basic, but silly techniques. I have purchased a little relaxation fountain and a new reed diffuser. We'll see how it goes. I know a couple of girls who I'm sure will be grateful if it works!

2 comments:

  1. he can call me flower if he wants to...i don't mind.
    So adorable!!!!!!!
    we were so lucky to grow up in the age of disney movies/musicals. kids these days-- they barely have heard of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vic, so agreed! The whole first half of the movie is absolutely, utterly adorable. Then it all goes south and I remembered why this movie is also so sad. I'm pretty sure I cried, but it was worth it.

    ReplyDelete