Gray & Mustard

Monday, March 14, 2011

Hilarity

So, I was reminded today of somethings that I find extremely funny. For this I thank you - you know who you are. My day was much less stressful than I was anticipating because we just kept laughing. My lunch break today involved some chamomile tea while watching an episode of Modern Family. Relaxation and stress relief (laughter). Yes, I'm a little late, but that show is hysterical. It's one of the few where I'll catch myself laughing out loud even when no one else is around. An absolute stroke of genius.

Speaking of genius...


If only we could all return to the days when Mad TV and SNL were funny. I've always been more partial to SNL myself. Mad TV was funny, but it was definitely the more crude, inappropriate stepchild of SNL. I adore the original cast of SNL with Gilda, Laraine, Chevy, Dan... Oh, those were the days of true hilarity. While the classics are my favorite, I also really loved the time of Adam Sandler and Chris Farley. But my favorite time span is this:


Those names evoke images of some of the funniest skits known to man. Celebrity Jeopardy, the cheerleaders, the lovers, Marty Culp and Bobbi Moughan-Culp - the list could go on and on. So many good memories, so many funny people. 


Sometimes (I've learned) things get to a point where all you can do is just sit back and laugh. There's no sense in killing yourself with tension and stress. And yes, this is a complete self pep-talk. Today it all worked out for me. We'll see how it goes tomorrow and beyond. For now, I'll take comfort in the fact that this will always make me laugh.




A classic, no doubt. I also wanted to put the video with Will Ferrell and his patriotic speedo and the Celebrity Jeopardy with Burt Reynolds as Turd Ferguson, but alas... YouTube has them not.

No comments:

Post a Comment