Gray & Mustard

Saturday, April 2, 2011

'Roid Rage

What I thought was the plague a little over a week ago actually turned out to be some nasty poison ivy - something I figured that at this point I wasn't allergic to. Turns out I was wrong. So, the doctor gave me some 'roids and they totally worked. The plague is gone (mostly) but now I'm apparently going through withdrawal. My entire body hurts to be touched. My clothes are hurting my body. It's a mix between when you have a bruise and when you're sunburned. It ain't pleasant. Even worse is tonight when I had to see people - and they wanted to touch me. Grinned through it but OUCH! Luckily there was a plethora of doctors at this particular, joyous gathering and it's all supposedly normal - should be gone tomorrow. Suffice it to say, I hope I never have to take steroids again!

It's time for a change. April is here and I have made so many promises to myself regarding its arrival. Now that the bulk of my job stress has been taken care of, I can hopefully follow through on some of those promises. The major one is to take better care of me. I desperately need a haircut, manicure, pedicure and probably an eyebrow wax. I feel bad for my husband mostly - it's definitely not cute. I also feel that one of my really cute refrigerator magnets is becoming increasingly true.

In case you can't read that, it says: Both of us can't look good at the same time. It's either me or the house. SO TRUE. We have been obsessing over our house since we moved in - it's only natural that something else will have to take a hit, namely, my personal grooming/appearance. In the photo, I'm pretty presentable. Well, take a look at how our kitchen is at this very moment.


We're in full catering lockdown. The kitchen looks like a war zone. And just so you know, there is tomato splatter on the cabinets. Does my husband cook really wonderful food? Yes. But don't envy me too much. I have to participate in the clean up. Luckily, we have really done most everything there is to do in our house, so I can focus my energy and efforts elsewhere - myself. Selfish, I know. But it's time and it needs to be done.

Our most recent purchases are pretty gorgeous, aren't they?
These amazing lanterns will take the place of hanging flower baskets on our back deck. They have a glass cylinder in the middle. They're pretty awesome!

This will be hung in our basement on our red walls. We find all sorts of things with Italian writing on them and just can't help ourselves. Trattoria!!!

These and the ones below will grace our dining room walls. It's painted a light gray with white trim. Don't worry we do have some color - and our table is always set! See below.

Living room

Well, tonight's post sure is full of gratuitous photos! Anyway, I'll be sure to post the final resting place of all our new purchases for your viewing pleasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment