Gray & Mustard

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Cleaning out my closet.

I was completely productive today for the first time in a long time. Laundry, cleaning out and reassembling of closet and dresser, going through all the crap my parents cleaned out of their attic that "belongs" to me and the remaining shopping for our catering job on Thursday. Yikes. But it was all good.

I know I don't have a before picture, but trust me, it was bad. I couldn't even put away clean laundry - nowhere to put it! And now look!!!


Obviously only the right half is mine. Oh, and all the stuff on the shelf up top is my husband's, too. Yes, notice the pile of his shoes thrown in there on his side. Honestly, mine looked much the same before. I even brought myself to part with a few pair of shoes! Now I'm down to 35 pairs. I think I'm good. And I won't even show you my entire closet dedicated only to my purses. It's quite frankly embarrassing.

The next part of my day was spent taking a walk down memory lane. My parents recently cleaned out an attic space that was right outside my bedroom growing up. They decided to give all of my junk back to me. Needless to say it's been sitting in our spare bedroom in the basement for about 2 months now. I'm glad I dedicated a whole day to it because it took forever and was highly hilarious. I'm only giving a preview tonight, but be on the lookout for a very lengthy, very hysterical post soon, showcasing all my many masterpieces as a child. I wrote a lot of books as a child and reading through them, you'd swear I had ADD. But I didn't. Random, random, random. They're pretty awesome though. Also in the many, many boxes of stuff were pretty much every single one of my report cards, year-end reports, etc. from elementary school. Yeah, I spent a lot of time on those. I had to read what my teachers had to say about me. Most of it was good and the "critical" things they had to say just made me laugh today because I know exactly what they were talking about. I took pictures of some things that I ended up throwing away and I still have some things to sort through but it's coming. It's going to take a while though! But for now, enjoy some of these gems I found.

Giant heads, tiny little bodies

Yes, you can make out my name in the blue up top. And yes, that's my whole work of art.
Yes, my artistic ability is astounding. I found old photos (every school photo, sports photo, etc. ever taken) that were pretty awesome. I feel it's a valuable lesson to learn for when I have children. I'll order the bare minimum, considering that all of my photos, in all their different sizes, were still in their envelopes - only one cut out. Also, parents? I feel it's acceptable to discourage your daughters from parting their hair down the middle. It will save them a lot of discomfort when looking at old photos later in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment