Gray & Mustard

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Back to school?

I'm contemplating the idea of going back to school this fall - just one class. I don't want to lose any of the credits I've already earned, but I also can't afford to take more classes. This would involve working a bit with my employer, which I'm not really that worried about. I need to look into it then work on a plan. I've got to make things happen.



Also, my husband confessed that he would feel guilty if I didn't finish school one day - like he made me quit school and get married! Ha! Poor thing. But I do want to finish and I will do it. It will take time - definitely a number of years, but It's definitely something I want to accomplish.

I'm also trying to re-school myself in the art of planning and organization. And yes, this does involve a lot of purchasing of pretty products. Mead makes an amazing line of products that help with this. My latest purchase is the meal planning calendar. As disappointing an answer as it is - my husband and I do not cook very much at home for each other. Well, we're trying to get better at that. I have planned out a menu for the entire week, created a shopping list and created a schedule. The beauty of it is that I only have to cook three times a week. Most recipes are calculated for a minimum of 4 portions, so we keep the leftover and repeat a few days later. Last night I made beef and mushroom sloppy joes and the hubs loved them! They were pretty darn good! Tomorrow is fish tacos!

Tonight we didn't cook at home, but we did cook at Mia Cucina. Check out The Saucy Italian to follow our experience and check out some pictures from tonight's class!

No comments:

Post a Comment