Gray & Mustard

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Are You Deaf?

So I'm just now watching American Idol for the first time this season and I find myself wondering... are you deaf judges? I haven't watched or really followed any season since probably the first two or three. And quite frankly now that Simon is gone, so is all the really good feedback. Mean or not, he always made some valid points. If everyone is just so nice, then what's the point? Scotty, from what I've heard so far, in my opinion, sounds pretty horrible. I'm not a country fan, but putting that aside, I still don't think he sounds great! Lauren is from my town. I guess I might be a tad bit biased. It would be pretty awesome for someone from Chattanooga to win. I think she sounds pretty good, but I don't really see any 'star quality'. 

Well, the hubs and I have been asked back to teach six, count them, SIX classes at Mia Cucina in June. Check the schedule and sign up! You might even get to catch us sparring in Italian (all in love, of course). We had another catering job this past weekend that I think went well. But most importantly, it got us to our exciting, top secret idea for when we do open our restaurant. The most exciting part about this venture is that nobody else does it. It's got me so excited, I get chills every time I talk about it. We're trying to make big changes so we can save up the dollars, go get a loan and get this baby open! I. Am. So. Excited.

On another, much more exciting note, the season finale of Glee comes on right after American Idol. I cannot wait. And it's starting now - toodle-loo!!! Until next time... (which I'm hoping will be sooner than a week after this post)

1 comment:

  1. Hey SK,
    as far as the Idol comments...last night was not either of the peeps best night for singing... for sure!! Lauren aliana had a strained vocal chord and Scotty didn't sound good at all. I agree with the comment on the judges. I always felt Simon was way too cruel in how he gave his comments but he was almost always spot on. These judges are too complementary. Not enough constructive comments.
    Yeah on the cooking lessons! What does benny charge? we thought it would be fun to have him do a cooking lesson for the Ho's sometime....

    ReplyDelete