Gray & Mustard

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

In the Office...

I have just finished creating the most amazing home office known to man. Okay, granted we have some finishing touches to add - an actual, real desk for example. But I can not even begin to stress how much better I feel. Take a look...

I know it doesn't look like much, but to me it is everything. I have a filing cabinet where all of our paper can go - amazing! Yes, there is a Christmas wreath in the corner (it is on its way up to the attic) and the carpet is still unbearable, but it's still beautiful. You see those circles on the wall? Those are the most amazing things I have ever found. Decals that you can write on. I know, simply brilliant, right? Not that I made them or anything. I totally bought them, but still I think they're completely genius!

Also, check my beautiful board with pretty colorful push pins on the cork board side and notice the tiny, magnetic, hanging dry erase markers on the white board side. "Where it all begins..." Yes, that will one day be the truth. We can look back and reminisce that this was where it all began. I'm feeling more productive and motivated already. In the top corner of the white board is a very old fortune from a fortune cookie. It says, "Focus on your long term goals. Success will soon be yours." I'm going to will it to be true. At least that's what I keep telling myself. We'll see how that goes.

Most importantly, I got to do one of my greatest joys in life - buy stationery/office supplies. Designer highlighters and last but not least, that is in fact a rhinestone-covered stapler. Leopard print. It is okay to be jealous. It was a complete impulse buy, but I couldn't let it get away. I was afraid I would never see anything like it again and it would be gone forever. But now it is mine. By the way, TJMaxx is THE place for stuff like this. Those highlighters are Cynthia Rowley, 50% off retail.

I did buy the desk piece before I had an actual desk, which is my bad. But once again, I had to have it. It has a built-in charging station, plus it's pretty. We do need a desk and one day we will buy one. But for now, the table will have to do.

On a completely unrelated note, I am so sick of those Charmin commercials with the cartoon bears. Really? Even if it's a cartoon, I do not want to see bits of toilet tissue stuck to someone's bum. Gross.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this space and am so super jealous! Our apartment is too small for a space for me to have my creative corner (haha!) but when we move I can't wait to do this! Office supplies are also kind of an obsession for me too so I totally feel your excitment! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete