Gray & Mustard

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Voice

So, I may or may  not be auditioning for The Voice in August. That's two months away and I'm already nervous. What should I sing? What should I wear? Do I really want to go stand in line for-freaking-ever only to either not get to audition or to be told no? Hmmmm... Yeah, I'm pretty sure I do. It'll be fun!
Becoming a singer was a dream of mine, what feels like, many years ago (I'm only 24, I know, 'many years ago' isn't quite right). It is all I wanted but I never had any drive to make things happen and I was terrified of singing in front of people. Well, neither one of those things has really changed, but they kind of have. While I  may not dream of 'making it' as a singer now, I have come to realize that when I sing, I don't think about anything else. It is absolutely my release and relieves a tremendous amount of stress that I feel right now due to work and other things.. ahem, mainly work. Shhh - don't tell. With this new realization of relaxation, the latter problem has also been eased. That, coupled with recent 'performances' in a local karaoke bar using the stage name of Francesca (sad, but true) has helped me to not be so petrified when getting up to sing in front of people.

Basically, I'm not really hoping for anything to come of it, but I just think it might be fun. Also, I feel like I should do it now because even just a couple of years down the road, it might be harder to do. We'll see what happens and I'll be sure to share my experience with you!

1 comment:

  1. I love this show...more than American Idol actually. I think it would be a great thing for you to experience. I encourage you to go for it!!

    ReplyDelete