Gray & Mustard

Monday, June 13, 2011

Judgement Day

Why is it that you can be going along in your day, happy as a clam (a saying, which I'm not sure I have ever understood. I mean, what supposedly makes clams so freaking happy? Not much, they all get eaten and don't fetch a high price. Digression...) and BAM - one thing hits you and changes completely how you feel? I generally am a happy person. I'm one of those that's in a good mood unless something makes me not be in one. There are also those people who are pretty much constantly in a bad mood unless something makes them be in a good mood. I'm so glad that I'm the former. Why, oh why did I click on that link and read what I read this morning? It's got me all worked up.

It's not a pleasant feeling when you feel that judgement has been passed on you. Only God can judge. Only God has any right to judge. I think we all need to remember that a little more. We are humans. We're the ones who are responsible for screwing everything up. And believe me, it certainly didn't stop with Adam, Eve, the apple and the snake. Can it not be enough for all of us to just admit that we don't know everything, no one has it all figured out and that we can all just try to do the best we can with what we've been equipped with? Done. The End. Breathe...

1 comment: