Gray & Mustard

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Dog Food

This is something that I've found puzzling for quite some time, but sitting here watching a commercial about it made me remember that I need to share it with you. While shopping for precious Lyla's dog food yesterday, I came across a couple of brands of dog food that I found a little disturbing.
No, I can never resist sharing a photo of my precious bebe. She could totally be a dog model.
Rachel Ray sells dog food - food for dogs. Food for dogs from a 'celebrity' chef. And I use the term celebrity loosely - quite frankly Rachel Ray just annoys the crap out of me. Anyway, I pointed this out to Benny and said, "Perche?" WHY? Of course (and he's right), he responded that it has to be for the money. But just think of the tradeoff! You trade in your credibility for the few poor saps who buy your dog food. Really? I mean it's like a bottled spring water company selling toilet cleaner.  I just don't know. Doesn't seem quite right to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment