Gray & Mustard

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Domestic Goddess

Well, what did I tell you? It's not quite a week since my last blog post where we discussed Mr. Weiner and just today he came out to say that he did lie and that the photos were of him. Without fail... it seems to happen this way every single time. The only thing I can think of is that it's a power thing. You get into office and start to get a big head and I guess you just think no one will find out, no one can touch you. Well, guess what? They can... Simple as that.

So, yours truly has been cooking up a storm the past week and a half. Along with my handy dandy meal planner, I've been a veritable domestic goddess. Look how beautiful!

Keep in mind, too that this is last season's. The current season's is white, pink, red and grey with a flower motif. Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know... but as I always say - sometimes the fancy is more important than the functional. And my favorite part about this particular item is that it has both!

So anyway, I'm getting in the new practice of planning a menu with recipes (found online) at the beginning of ever week. I then do all the necessary grocery shopping and fill each day with one of the recipes. It's working because we know we're going to have all the ingredients we need and if you're not feeling particularly creative, you don't have to think about anything! The hubs loves the fact that he can already know what's for dinner. And since most recipes are for 4 portions, we put half aside and take the rest for the next day for lunch! Perfection.

So far I've made fish tacos, beef and mushroom sloppy joes, fajita-ranch chicken wraps, twice-baked salmon potatoes and grown-up grilled cheese. All good recipes and all very well-liked by my husband and me. All recipes were found on www.myrecipes.com. There's a great tool where you can create different weekly menus and shopping lists. All recipes have been tested, too. They're easy, fresh and delicious. I'm hooked!

1 comment: